Saturday, September 11, 2010

Grandpa

Grandpa

Some kids call me grandpa now,
I wonder how this could be;
That the name should be applied,
To a man as young as me?

I have little imps come by,
And I bounce them on my knee;
And still I stand in solemn awe,
That this should happen to me.

The cute, the lovely little ones,
That I often get to see,
Bring great joy to my soul,
Even a man as young as me.

Ne’er dreamed of the day
That I would have three;
That call me by that grand old name,
How can all this be?

Now there is another,
One to add to three,
Another cute little body
To bounce upon my knee.

Finally I find there’s six
Darling little scamps;
Three of one kind, three of another--
Bright as little lamps!

But as the days quickly pass,
And more wrinkles I begin to see,
I now know why they call me “gramps”--
A man as old as me!

No comments:

Post a Comment