Saturday, February 26, 2011

What is that to Thee?

“Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.” John 21:22

These words, spoken by our Lord, rebukes those of us who seem to worry about someone else getting blessed, or rewarded more than we are! In a rougher sense, the Lord is saying “It is none of your business what I do with him, see to your own walk”. Too many times we allow others to determine our attitude, and many times it leads to defeat and failure. I suppose we all go through times when we look upon the blessings of another, and wonder why the Lord has blessed him or her more than us when we were “doing more for Him than they are”. For one thing, a man never really knows what another is doing, not always anyway; and beside that, we have no business comparing their blessing with ours, nor their works with ours, we ought to be thankful for what the Lord has given us. If another mans blessing or backsliding can affect our walk with the Lord, we do not have a proper relationship with Him anyway! No one can affect our relationship with Christ, but us and Him. Even the devil has no power in such matters, until we relinquish it to him! If God chooses to bless a brother in a different way than He does me, what is that to me? I need to thank the Lord that He blesses me at all, and that he is a blessing to my brother also. Quit worrying about what another man may do, or get, and get busy with your own service for the Lord. Jealousy will condemn even the most faithful of God’s children.

No comments:

Post a Comment