Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Seven “I Wills” of God

Psalm 91

1. “therefore will I deliver him” (v. 14)
All of these promises are contingent on the first part of the verse; “Because he hath set his love upon me,”
We must enter into the promise by faith in Christ.

2. “I will set him on high” (v.14)
The Lord will give us our place in His kingdom; He will glorify us because His name is in us.
We will have a place in heaven with Him. Why? “because he hath known my name.”

3. “I will answer him:” (v. 15)
The Lord promises to answer our prayers, especially in time of need.
The only stipulation is to “seek His face”, and call upon Him.

4. “I will be with him in trouble” (v. 15)
A promise we can’t afford to deny.

5. “I will deliver him, and honor him” (v. 15)
Both deliver from trouble,
And honor him with glory.

6. “With long life will I satisfy him (v. 16)
One of many ways He satisfy’s us!
Long life= eternal life.

7. I will “Show him my salvation” (v. 16)
The most precious of promises.
His promise begins with salvation,
And ends with fulfillment.

No comments:

Post a Comment