Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christianity

There are believers, and there are Christians. Believers have trusted Christ for their salvation, that is, in their hearts. Christians, on the other hand have Christ in their hearts and in their minds. Each of us need to see how we measure up.

Christ never lived one moment for Himself; how much time do we spend on “us”? Christ never lusted in His heart for anything; how do we measure up in this area?
He never worried about anything.
Finances
Future
Job or family.
He never trusted anyone else for His needs.
Government, etc.
One can then be a believer, and not a Christian (Chris, like-ian).

In Luke 18:8 Christ asks “I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? The big question is, “Will he find faith in us?” Will Christ find us to be believers, or Christians? Which will it be for you?

There are believers, and there are Christians; which will he find faith in?

(This short devotion has convicted me to my soul, and I am afraid I fall much shorter than I had supposed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment