Thursday, April 29, 2010

The early Bird

Just this morning, as I gazed from my window, and the sun was peeking over the horizon, I chanced to see the early bird. He was magnificent! A colorful bird, he was, and industrious above all the others. This bird was hopping around on the ground as if it was hunting--and indeed, it was. Soon I saw him lower his head quickly, and latch on to a worm. The worm struggled a little, writhing, and curling itself up, trying to get away, but he was no match for the early bird; The magnificent bird began back stepping, and literally pulled the worm from his lair, and then, as if it were “all in a days work” the bird began to search again, that worm was history. It wasn’t long before he had found another, and another; soon he was out of sight, and had fattened himself with the delicacies of earth. I sat there reflecting for a moment on what I had seen, and realized that I had learned the great truth of a maxim… I discovered that, indeed it is the “early bird that catches the worm.”

No comments:

Post a Comment