Saturday, June 25, 2011

3 divine loves

There are three great loves in my life, all others are subordinate to these three:
My first love is the Lord Jesus Christ. Nothing supersedes the Love I have for Him. Men have jeopardized their lives for love of the Lord, because He has blessed them beyond comprehension. Thus, the Lord God Almighty is my first and foremost love, and that only by His grace.

The second great love I have is for my wife, who the Lord has chosen for me, and me only. I love her with all the love my Lord has given me, and there is no other mortal as wonderful as her. There is no one, and nothing that I love on this earth more than the woman that God has given me; and He has allowed us the great privilege of spending eternity together with Him.

My third great love is the love of my country. Though I do not, and would not, put anything on par with my Lord, I see America’s flag as the paradigm of freedom for the world, as one sees Calvary for a Monument for men’s souls. Yes, as Calvary represents the liberty we have in Christ, so the “Red, white, and blue” stands paramount above all other countries and banners; it represents, in the human world, what Calvary represents in the Christian realm.
It is almost as if the Lord Himself designed our flag, and inspired the name “Old Glory”;
The red symbolizes the blood of Christ which makes all men free;
The white represents righteousness, imparted to those who believe;
The blue shows the firmament, and God as Creator;
The stars remind me that he is the eternal God who lives beyond the stars;
And the stripes remind me that it is by His stripes that we are healed.
Yes, “old Glory” speaks of glory, and though it is not worthy to be exalted anywhere near our Lord, freedom is worth dying for.

Our Lord died to make us free; liberty was so important to Him that He made man a free moral agent, giving him the freedom to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment