Friday, June 3, 2011

Goodness and Mercy

Goodness and Mercy

“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.” Psa. 23:6

The Lord has promised that when I make Him my shepherd, these two fellows will follow me “all the days of my life”, the problem is, too often I do not recognize them! Sometimes they are disguised as financial woes; sometimes they wear the cloak of disease. There are times that they appear as heartache, and at times they are a blessing, and at times, it seems they are a bane, but their names never change; they are still Goodness and Mercy. The Lord knows what’s best for us. In His infinite wisdom, he removes the hedge of protection from us, and builds us into something greater. He did it with Job;
“Job 1:10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
Job 1:11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
Job 1:12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.”, and He showed Satan what faith can do. Has the Lord shown you what faith can do? Believe God; trust Him to do right by you, and see what He will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment